Two Yanks Downunder

A blog about the experiences of two Americans on their first visit to the fabulous continent of Australia

Saturday, August 05, 2006

In the Spirit of the Event

Until Don is back on his fingertips I thought I would regale you with stories of my trip with the students to Fremantle prison. It was a fun evening, a ghost tour in which we not only learned a bit about the history of the penal system in Fremantle, but also got to see where grizzly and gory deeds occurred.



Our tour started at 8:30 under a drizzly sky. The entrance of the prison was already somewhat spooky under the stark artificial light. As the tour got going we met our tour guide Sharyn.



She first showed us where the prisoners were strip searched and sent to the showers for their single opportunity to bathe. The most interesting part was going to see the cells.



Of course it was very dark and even though they gave us cute little flashlights (called torches), these did not dispel much of the darkness, so we shrieked mercilessly when a guy jumped out of one of the cells to scare us. Even scarier was the fact that when you are dead you don't seem to be able to stop talking.



Sharyn told us about the many ghosts in the prison which she claimed to have seen documented in pictures. She showed us the best places to take new pictures in hopes of capturing these ghosts in photographs and although at first I thought I had not captured any such images, when I took a closer look, I noticed suspicious potentially protoplasmic entities in my pictures. You have to click on the pictures to enlarge them to get a good view and it is still unclear what those suspicious images are, but I leave it to you to decide...

This is the holding cell for people about to be taken to the gallows:



According to Sharyn, the upper floors of the prison are where the scariest ghosts were to be found.



Leaving the cell block we were told to look back at the righthand door. A man's face would often materialize behind the right door pane.



The corner of the chapel is also a place that Sharyn said we were likely to capture images of the dead. This was the scariest one of all!



I'm not sure what to make of these images. (Okay I did know exactly what to make of these images, but I knew my sister would absolutely want to see them.)

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous min said...

Abe Vigoda is not Dead!!! Of course, he could be dead in Oz time, which means he won't die here until tomorrow. I'll check the site.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home