Two Yanks Downunder

A blog about the experiences of two Americans on their first visit to the fabulous continent of Australia

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Husband Off

(Couldn't resist adding another image infront of the blog while Don is away!! (evil grin)!)

Well, Don has set off for his trip up North to Geraldton. (Jolton is what I hear when the locals say it.) This leaves mea bit of peace and quiet to prepare for my classes and go to program meetings. Oh boy! I thought just for fun I would post a few images of the town, since I have little to say about activities and am lacking in the wry sense of humor of my co-blogger.

Here is a picture of the Fremantle Basillica, St. Patrick's.




And this is a picture of High Street showing the architectural character of the area.



And another of the old historic limestone buildings used for Port business:



This is a close up of one of the birds we saw in the courtyard of the art museum. (There was a faster more beautiful white one with a rose colored breast that I was unable to capture. (Rose breasted cockatoo?))



Now I'm off to grade!

5 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous min said...

Wow! There are fish and octopi in downtown Fremantle? You must always have plenty to eat!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Wendy and/or Don said...

It turns out a lot of them are plastic!!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous min said...

I'm beginning to think that the only food they have in Australia is plastic! Try the vegimite. I don't know what it is, but I understand it isn't plastic.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Wendy and/or Don said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Wendy and/or Don said...

Nope, its plastic. They both have an organic source (like petroleum products) but the processing renders a very petroleum-like entity. I think you'd be better off fueling your car with it than eating it. It resembles toxic sludge (in appearance and taste) with some salt. ;D

(I know my Australian reader will love me now! It actually isn't bad - but it is very salty and really is best eaten on toast with cheese.)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home